Community Police Alerts
Please be aware that there are a number of scams out there, and to avoid being caught follow the guide below:
- Never let unsolicited callers into your home or hand over bank cards or cash
- If someone claims to be from the police, NHS or other organisation ask to see their identification. If in doubt call the organisation they claim to represent to make checks; if they are genuine they won’t mind waiting while you verify who they are. DON’T CALL A TELEPHONE NUMBER THEY GIVE YOU – USE THE NORMAL TELEPHONE NUMBER.
- Don’t click on links or attachments in suspicious emails
- Do not respond to unsolicited messages asking for personal or financial information.
- If you are looking at making purchases on sites you don’t know or trust then research the company beforehand.
- Keep in contact with your loved ones, especially if elderly